Sunday, October 12, 2008

Something stinks in Neverland

Ryan wanted to be sure I blogged about this, I think it is because it was me doing a major dumb thing.

Joshua is going to be Peter Pan for Halloween, and Morgan is Tinkerbell. Joshua's super fancy costume from the Disney Store did not come with a hat, (they love to milk you for every penny they can), so I decided to make one. I went to the craft store and bought some felt and all the fixings to make a hat. I took his costume to the store with me so that I could find matching material. The whole costume and my purchases were in a bag in my car. My car was a pit and so I cleaned it out because I was taking it to the car wash.

Cut to the next day.

During nap time I got a bee in my bonnet to start making Joshua's hat. I started looking around for the bag with everything and I can't find it anywhere. I didn't worry about it too much and figured I'd find it later. The whole thing was really nagging at me though and so I decided to look again. Still couldn't find it, but it suddenly hit me that I had thrown a bunch of stuff in our outside trash can and it was trash day. (Cue ominous music)

I ran outside and thank my lucky stars, the trash man had not come yet. I bet you can guess, that I found my bag with about $40+ worth of costume and supplies in the trash can. I bet you can also imagine the smell. I've got two kids in diapers after all. I dumped the contents of the bag on my living room floor and vacated the area. Thankfully it wasn't anything too tough for a lot of Febreze.

I know it's a little thing in the grand scheme of things, but I know that it was the Spirit's promptings that helped me rescue his costume before it was too late.

Let it me known that Joshua HATES the hat, but I did my part. Here are some pictures from the kids Halloween photo shoot. Tink #2 is my cutie niece Samantha. She's actually going to be Jasmin this year, but she was Tinkerbell last Halloween.











2 comments:

Tina said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob and Danya said...

Oh my! At least you were able to rescue the costume! What a saga! I despise having to look through trash for stuff....it's happened on numerous occasions though!

The kids are darling in their costumes! What a great idea!

Dinner Calendar