Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A very MOVING birthday

My birthday was a bit of an adventure to say the least.
We discovered that Joshua was as backed up as an LA freeway and the situation needed to be dealt with. He tried for about 2 hours off and on with no success and he was starting to get upset and was crying because it hurt. I tried to coach him through it, but it was a no go. I gave him a warm bath, which didn't solve anything, but he was able to relax a bit and at least take a nap.
Here's where the fun really begins, we decided he needed an enema. The other more pleasant options could take up to 3 days and we didn't want to torture him any longer.
I'll skip out on the really graphic details, but the poor kid was able to "evacuate. "

It was so heart breaking to see him in pain and not really able to help him much. As I was telling him that he needed to push so he could feel better, he would tell me "It's ok, Mommy do it." He had such faith that I'd be able to take care of his problem for him and it was just awful not to be able to fix it.

You could say I had a crappy birthday. {ha, ha, ha} Other than that adventure, it was a nice relaxing day.

Ryan took me out to Texas Roadhouse and to see Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist on Saturday, so I'd say those were the real birthday festivities.

HAPPY 200TH POST TO ME!

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

Well, at least you got to go to Texas Roadhouse after the "crappy" birthday! That place has the best rolls! YUM!!! I'm totally jealous that you went there! (and now I will be thinking about those rolls all day)! Hahaha!

Dinner Calendar