Monday, June 16, 2008

Whole lotta Ensigns

Through some error either at the distribution center or at the post office, we got 8 copies of the Ensign. There were 8 different peoples Ensigns in a plastic bag, and the plastic bag didn't get opened. Our name was at the bottom of the pile and so they all got delivered to us. {I was supposed to take them to church on Sunday to distribute them and I completely spaced it. Oops}
Anyway, I took this to mean I needed to study the Ensign more carefully, and I'm glad I did. There is a piece about the Presidents of the Young Women's organization and my Great, Great, Great Grandmother{Ruth May Fox} was the 3rd president of the Young Womens. {This I already knew, but now it's been brought to the attention of everyone.} She also wrote the words to the Hymn, Carry On.
If anyone recalls the rather lengthy post on the significance of Morgan's name, they will recall that Fox is a family name, and here it is popping up again.
Check it out, it is right in the middle of the Ensign on the page before the insert on President Monson. I really enjoyed the painted picture of her, I don't think I had seen that before.

No comments:

Dinner Calendar