Monday, June 16, 2008

Morgan's 6 month check-up

I forgot to do an update on Morgan's 6 month check-up. She is 20 lbs and 27 inch long. Both of which are above the 97 percentile. Her growth has started to slow down a bit, so hopefully she will continue that trend.

Morgan also got her eyes checked on Friday. There is a program called InfantSEE which does free screenings for infants 6-12 months. They have a website where you can find an optometrist that participates. I highly recommend that anyone with a small baby put it on there calendar. I also recommend doing it at 6 months, because Morgan wasn't terribly wiggly or fussy during the test. It turns out she has a bit of an astigmatism. Ryan's eyes are the same, so I'm not terribly surprised. We always said between the two of us that our kids were doomed to wear glasses.

The solid foods issues continues to be a challenge. Oatmeal doesn't seem to be giving her that rash, although last night she started to get a rash in her neck/chin area. I'm wondering if it is a problem with my milk. After all, it doesn't usually get on her skin. Maybe I ate something that her skin is sensitive to. We will keep trying to puzzle that one out.
Here is a video of one of the attempts at oatmeal. I've learned a few tricks since this video, but very little food actually gets swallowed at this point. Also, if you've never heard Joshua speak, he says a few things in the background of the video.

No comments:

Dinner Calendar