Friday, August 24, 2007

Hairbow Holder YAY!!

Here is my latest craft adaptation. My sister got a cute hairbow holder for my niece for her birthday. I took a look at it and said, I can do that! I was especially interested in doing it for less than the $35 it cost to buy.

If you want all the gory details and tons of pictures, click the Read More link below. I'm not kidding about LOTS of details!
Here is a photo of my inspiration and the finish product, just for a teaser.




Here's the slideshow with captions of pretty much every step I took. It was actually a lot of fun taking pictures along each step.




Now for the fun part, the cost break down. I'll break it down at full price, then with what I paid using sales/coupons.
Wood sign - $1.99
Metal Handle - $1.99
Mod Podge - $0.70 ($7.00 for the bottle, assuming I used 10%, which I probably used less.)
Scrapbook paper for background- $0.50
Ribbon for handles - $1.60 (4 spools @ $2 each, using 20% of each spool.)
Ribbon to hang bows on - $1.09 ( $3.29 for spool, used 33% of spool.)
Letters- (I used supplies I already had, so I'm not going to add that in.)
TOTAL: $7.87

I'll highlight the sales/coupon price in red so you can see where there is a difference.
Wood sign - $1.99
Metal Handle - $1.99
Mod Podge - $0.42 (40% off coupon)
Scrapbook paper for background- $0.25 (Paper 50% off at Hobby Lobby)
Ribbon for handles - $0.80 (Ribbon 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby)
Ribbon to hang bows on - $0.65 (40% off coupon)
Letters- (I used supplies I already had, so I'm not going to add that in.)
TOTAL: $6.10 That is about 82% OFF OF the $35 RETAIL. YAY!
If I had known from the beginning exactly what supplies I needed, I could have spent even less by utilizing more/different coupons.

If you have made it this far and are interested in making your own, let me know if you have any questions about where I got the supplies/materials or anything else.
Also if you would rather just buy your own, I can get you the link to the original website.

1 comment:

Our Blog said...

Those are ADOREABLE!~!!!!!!!!
I LOVE them!!!!

Dinner Calendar