Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oven Roasted Broccoli: The Verdict

I realized that perhaps I shouldn't post recipes before I try them, but oh well. I did however finally make Alton Brown's Oven Roasted Broccoli and here is the review.

In short, it would have been a whole lot better if I had followed the directions better. Here is what I did wrong, so that you can avoid the same mis-steps.
1. I blackened{partially burned} the bread crumbs- instead of browning them. Should this happen to you, throw them out and start over. (I did not.)
2. Use Panko bread crumbs as the recipe calls for. I couldn't find them at a reasonable price so I used regular bread crumbs, but I'm thinking it might make a difference. Nanna told me where she gets her panko, so I think I'll be making a trip to Lee Lee's Oriental Market.
3. Don't add the cheese until after it comes out of the oven. I misread the recipe and by the time I caught it, it was too late.

Here is the good news though. I really liked the texture of the broccoli. I am confidant that if I were to try again and fix all my mistakes it will be much better.

Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe: A+
My Execution of Oven Roasted Broccoli: C-

No comments:

Dinner Calendar