Ever since I got into bow making and adding ribbon to scrapbook pages I have been searching for an effective way to organize my ribbons. There are all sorts of products you can buy and the Internet is full of ideas of ways to organize ribbon.
I actually bought this plastic ribbon organizer that snaps together if you buy multiple.
There were two problems with it though,
1. It was $9.99 (before coupon or sales)
2. A lot of my ribbons spools are too wide to fit into their convenient little dividers.
Here is what I came up with, and it cost about $3.00. :)
"Caddy Basket" from Hobby Lobby - $1.99
1/4" dowel at Walmart - $0.40
4 dowel caps at Walmart - $1.88 for a bag of 16
1. Cut dowel to fit the length of your Caddy and leave about 1 inch on each end for the dowel caps
2. Glue one of the dowel caps onto the end of dowel. The other end needs to stay open to take ribbon spools off and on.
3. Insert the dowel through your caddy and load the ribbon.
4. Slide the other dowel cap onto the other end.
5. Enjoy organized ribbons on the cheap.
Optional - paint/decorate the dowel and dowel caps to have a super crafty looking organizer.
Note: I left the second dowel open so you could get a better visual.
Now I just need to decide on how I want to organize my ribbons.