Friday, May 22, 2009

Life is funny like that

Sorry no pictures on this one.

Here is how this week has been going. It's a bit depressing, but stick with me to the end, it's not all horrible.
Tuesday - My Mom watched Morgan so I could pick up my FIL at work in Glendale and take him home to East Mesa. (That was a 100 mile adventure.) While I was out Morgan threw up. Later that evening she started with diarrhea.
Wednesday - I had a Doctor's appointment that had been on the books for months so my Mom took one for the team and watched both kids so I could go to the Doctor. I was put on a new prescription and so the Doc wanted a blood pressure check after I had been on it a while to make sure it wasn't affecting my blood pressure. I paid $35 for the pleasure of sitting in the hallway while the MA took my blood pressure and went "yep, it's okay."
Wednesday evening Morgan starts vomiting up everything that goes down and we have a peachy night.
Thursday - I take Morgan to the Doctor, who then sends her to the ER. We spent about 5 hours in the ER running tests and getting rehydrated. She was just on the borderline of needing to be admitted, but thankfully we got to go home.
Thursday/Friday - Ryan wakes me up at like 4 am and he is sick now too. We shared a sad little chuckle as we said, "Happy Anniversary" to each other.

That's right, today is our 5th anniversary. We had awesome plans for tonight, dinner and a movie. As it was becoming increasingly clear over the course of the week that we wouldn't be going anywhere I started to get depressed. However, it seems apropos now. The whole for better or worse, in sickness and in health deal. We've had a busy five years and this week shouldn't be any different.

I married my perfect match. Neither one of us are perfect, but we are perfect for each other. I'm so happy and blessed to have such a wonderful man who loves me so much.

We are picking a new anniversary date for this year. Anyone have an anniversary in the next weeks or so that they want to share with us?

One other final uplifting thought. I have the best friends and family around. When Morgan got really sick, it was like a call to arms. My pathophobic(okay it's not quite a phobia, but she is very germ conscious) mom was at my house almost everyday this week helping with the kids(even did the dishes, wahoo), my sister offered to watch Joshua overnight if Morgan was going to have to stay in the hospital, my Bff offered to come down to be at the ER with me, and I tons of well wishes and thoughtful notes from other friends and family. Thanks to everyone for being so awesome. It really helped me get a good perspective on what could have been classified as a really horrible week. Thanks everyone!! I'm not that great at showing gratitude, but I am truly grateful.


1 comment:

Tina said...

I'm so the BFF:)!!! Alli's fam had that nasty stuff... it is going around. As far as your copay... you can get that money back. To charge an office visit (which means a copay) they have to do 3 vitals - BP, Weight, Temp - whatever, but it has to be 3! Since you didn't even see the doc or anything, you can argue that with the billing company if you want!

Love Ya and I'm glad you picked Ryan too... I knew he was the one for you when he brought you cookies to your birthday party:)!!

Dinner Calendar