We've been dealing with Morgan's dairy, egg, and nut allergies for 6 months now and I am happy to report that it's not as bad as we thought it would be.
I wanted to put together a quick post of some of the foods that make our life easier. Some speciality, and some not. These are in no particular order. I didn't feel like organizing the order blogger uploaded them in.
1. Tofutti - soy cheese. We've only ever tried the cheese slices, but it makes a grilled cheese, Morgan will eat. Yay!
2. Costco organic animal crackers. Delicious and allergen free. Yippee!!
3. Ritz crackers. Buttery crackers with no dairy? Why, yes sir-ee, they do exist. Thank you modern manufacturing and artificial flavorings. :)
4. Ener-G Egg Replacer. I think a box of this stuff is about 6 dollars. However, 1 box is over 100 eggs worth. Good deal! Food storage here we come!
5. Soymilk - She won't drink the stuff, but very helpful for cooking and other things. Rather an obvious choice, but it's quite useful all the same.
6. Duncan Hines cake mix. Be still my ever beating heart! A cake mix without eggs or dairy in the mix. After her birthday cake drama, I am so pleased to find an easier solution.
7. Nucoa margerine. The only dairy free margerine sticks I have been able to find. Oh and look, it's no burn. Check your grocer's refridgerated section.
I know there are others, but these are my favorites. There is life after allergies! Now I can just hope she will outgrow most of them.