Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blogging Class/ Twilight Books

In a few weeks I am going to put on a blogging class for enrichment night. Pretty much everything is fair game so I really hope that people that already have blogs come. (Newbies too of course.) If you have any specific things you want covered, leave me a comment so I can make sure I have it in the agenda.
I'm also hoping to have a computer for people to work on, so depending on turn out I hope to have either one computer per person or at least 1 for every 2 people. Seeing as events at my home seem to have a low turnout I'm not overly concerned with the amount of computers I need to come up with.
Depending on popularity and complexity of peoples questions, I think I might set up one on one appointments to help people out if they want.

Now on to Twilight..
So I decided I couldn't wait any longer and I bought Twilight and New Moon. I read Twilight on Friday and New Moon on Saturday. I haven't bought the last two books yet because I think my husband would like me back for a few weeks before he becomes a single Dad for the weekend. :)
SPOILER ALERT:
I really LOVED Twilight!! In comparison I remember feeling slightly underwhelmed by New Moon. Clearly I'm a vampire lover. However, I am very excited for books 3 and 4. My the end of the book, the issue resolves itself, but did anyone else notice that even though Edward removed every trace of himself, Bella had mailed a copy of all her pictures to her Mother? So unless Edward took out the pictures of himself before he mailed them for Bella, Bella could get a hold of the pictures. Its insignificant, but such a big deal was made about how he removed all traces of himself, I found it interesting that there was a little loose end.

Okay, I'll check in after I read the rest of the series. Oh and I don't know if it is just me, but I actually have no desire to see the movie at this point. The book was too good. We'll see if I change my mind as it gets closer.

1 comment:

The Jacksons said...

I have no desire to see the movie either. My husband, also a Twilight fan, and I don't think we will see it. And just so you know, everyone was underwhelmed by New Moon. We were all just waiting for Edward to come back. My sister-in-law called me three times in the book for moral support so she could make it to the end!

Dinner Calendar