The wait is over! Here are the cupcakes I made for the cake auction. These were done using a candy technique I found over on Bakerella. I would have done a step by step of how I did them, but Bakerella already did that. There are of course a few things I would change(the candy to cupcake ratio is a little on the high side I would say), but overall I'm happy with how they turned out.
Hopefully the kiddos will be feeling well enough that I can stay and see the auction instead of just dropping them off.
Oh and should you have any interest in doing some cool candies yourself, let me know. I'd love to help you create the "stencils" for them. I think that's as much fun as making the candies themselves.