Friday, May 16, 2008

Devils Food Garden Party Cupcakes

The wait is over! Here are the cupcakes I made for the cake auction. These were done using a candy technique I found over on Bakerella. I would have done a step by step of how I did them, but Bakerella already did that. There are of course a few things I would change(the candy to cupcake ratio is a little on the high side I would say), but overall I'm happy with how they turned out.

Hopefully the kiddos will be feeling well enough that I can stay and see the auction instead of just dropping them off.



Oh and should you have any interest in doing some cool candies yourself, let me know. I'd love to help you create the "stencils" for them. I think that's as much fun as making the candies themselves.

4 comments:

Bob and Danya said...

Ok, I had to tell you that your cupcakes did awesome at the auction. I think they sold for $65 or $75. Super cool! Then the person that bought them gave them to a little girl that really wanted them. It was so sweet! I just love the detail you put into them. They were darling!

Our Blog said...

WOW - those rock!!!
Good work Ash!

Edna Guerrero said...

Well... that little girls that really wanted them was my niece Nikki. She had $10.00 of her own and wanted to win that auction so bad. Debbie Hutchinson won the auction and gave them to my niece. They not only looked good, they tasted amazing! Great job!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy they went over well. I spent most of last week perfecting my candy making so they'd work out okay.

Thanks so much for taking them for me Danya. The kids are much improved now.

Edna- that is such a sweet story that Debbie shared them with your niece. I'm glad they were tasty too!

Dinner Calendar