Monday, June 15, 2009

Sew Crazy for polka dots!

I saw these awesome dish towels at Big Lots, 4 for $3, but I didn't have anything to do with them. I was a responsible adult and put them back. Two days later I see a tutorial for making a tote bag from dish towels, it was kismet.

I have had this stuff just sitting around for awhile and finally made the time to sew it all up. You can see how to make yourself one HERE. Very simple considering I'm definitely in the novice sewing category.


The fabrics I chose lends itself to being reversible although it isn't necessarily intended that way. I got a little carried away on the pocket, but what are you gonna do?
I had also seen this tutorial for a wet bag at Little Birdie Secrets. I had not actually heard of a wet bag before, but in the land of perpetual summer you need a good place to store wet bathing suits, clothes, etc. It went surprisingly well for my first zipper and sewing a vinyl insert. If you are going to attempt this, I suggest reading the comments as some folks ask good questions.


3 comments:

Missy said...

What a cute idea! I love the polka dots.

Little Birdie Secrets said...

So cute and I love the red polka dots. Very nice!

Edna Guerrero said...

Wow! That is super dang cute! Of course I have no crafty bone in my body.. so it does look super difficult for me.. but I will still give it a try.

Dinner Calendar